The Q&A Archives: Brown Green Columnar Topiary

Question: I planted a Monrovia green columnar juniper topiary about 3 months ago and the top is now brown and the bottom of it is starting to turn brown. It is planted in the front of the house where it gets about 5 to 6 hours of full sun and I have been watering once a week like I was told to do at the nursery where I bought it.
Help!!! Is my topiary dying? What can I do to save it?

Answer: Unfortunately, based on your description I am unable to make a specific diagnosis of the problem. Browning can be a sign of both over and underwatering, but it can also be a symptom of other problems as well. I would suggest you consult with professionally trained staff where you bought the plant and/or with your county extension to see if they can diagnose the problem and suggest what to do next. I'm sorry about your plant -- and I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Today's site banner is by Lestv and is called "Butterfly on Spider Lily"