The Q&A Archives: Size Of Leptospermum Scoparium 'nanum Ruru'

Question: I am considering Leptospermum scoparium 'Nanum Ruru' in a raised flowerbed. Your description indicates it grows to 2 feet in height. However, my experience has been that in southern California, plants always grow taller than their labels indicate. Will this plant grow taller than 2 feet? If it does, that will be OK, but I need to know before I ask my local retail nursery to order it.

FYI - I have used Monrovia plants for years in my garden, and I LOVE the quality and vigor of your plants!!

Answer: Under ideal growing conditions, a plant can reach great heights. The sizes listed are for average growing environments and average care. 'Nanum Ruru' has a low, rounded growth habit - 2' high and 3' wide. You can prune to keep it lower, but you probably won't have to! Glad you like Monrovia plants!