The Q&A Archives: Gardening in the Rocky Mountains

Question: I am relocating to Estes Park, Colorado (elevation 7,500 feet above sea level). I need advice from a gardening expert who lives near this area to help me adjust to my new environment. Can you put me in touch with someone or is there a periodical about the challenges of gardening in the mountains?

Answer: My suggestion is to contact the Colorado State University Cooperative Extension in your new county and ask to speak to a Master Gardener. They offer advice on all kinds of gardening related problems and the service is free. You can get a head start by checking out the website that the university has - it's loaded with publications about gardening in the mountains. Here's the URL: http://<br> luck with your new garden!