The Q&A Archives: Wilting and Falling Leaves on Improved Myers Lemon

Question: I brought a dwarf improved myers lemon tree from Southern California to Medford, Oregon, and planted it directly in the soil inside my greenhouse. The leaves are curling, yellowed and now profusely falling from the tree. I have added iron and nitrogen tothe soil. What do you suggest?

Answer: It really does sound unhappy! It's possible that your tree is suffering from transplant shock - give it a chance to adjust. Citrus like lots of water, but yellowing leaves is often a sign of overwatering. Sometimes sitting in a draft will cause leaves to yellow and fall. Be patient and hold off on any fertilizer applications until new growth begins again. <br><br>In general, keep temperatures between 50F and 60F at night, maintain humidity at 50% and fertilize monthly with a 20-20-20. Also, Myers and other dwarf lemons often suffer when they get too much direct light, so be sure yours gets filtered light during midday heat and sun.<br>