The Q&A Archives: What Is The Best Way To Transplant Monrovia Seedless Eating (green) Grape Ivy Plant That Is 4 Years

Question: How do I transplant a Monrovia grape ivy, (green, seedless, eating), 4 1/2 year old plant. I own three of these Monrovia grape plants. Thank You.

Answer: While it may be difficult to move these plants due to deep and established root systems, you can try it. First, trim them back hard in late winter, leaving just a few buds. Early this spring, just as soon as the soil is workable and if possible before the buds swell, dig them up taking as much of the rootball as possible. Replant immediately at the same depth as they grew before. Water once to settle the soil, then keep the soil evenly moist while they become established just as you would any newly planted plant. Good luck with the move!