The Q&A Archives: Outdoor Plant Named Pauline

Question: I am trying to locate an outdoor plant (such as a rose) that is named Pauline. This is for a memorial gift for my friend whose Mother (named Pauline) just passed away.

What a nice thought! I'm unable to find a rose with the name Pauline, but here are a few suggestions for other landscape plants: Clematis macropetala 'Pauline' with extra large blue flowers; Tradescantia (Andersoniana Group) 'Pauline' is a spiderwort with a mounding habit and 3-petaled flowers produced in clumps all summer long. Cercis canadensis 'Pauline Lily' is a redbud producing white flowers with a blush of pink. Finally, Agapanthus 'Pauline Oliver' is a pink flowering cultivar. Hope these suggestions help you choose just the right plant.