The Q&A Archives: Camphora Tree - Problems: Diseases, Pests ...

Question: We just planted (3 months ago) a beautiful camphora tree (15'' gal - about 1.5" trunk diameter +/- 7 feet tall). Recently, I have noticed new leaves starting to come out; but MANY leaves (old?) start to curl and get dark-brown at the tips. Is the tree "sick" or getting sick?

Lately we have had strong winds which have broken many small branches/leaves. Some leaves have irregular holes on them (insects? pests?). Where could we find more information on how to identify problems with this and other trees/plants?

Also, regarding watering, this tree is getting water from a sprinkler system which waters shrubs as follows: 3 times a week for about 3 minutes in the early morning only. Is this good enough? How do I provide deep watering for this and other trees? How could I test if the tree has adequate water? The soil retains water (clay)- slow drainage.

**Thanks for any feedback/tips/suggestions you could provide.

Best wishes with your camphor tree.

Best wishes with your camphor tree.