The Q&A Archives: Gunnera Plants

Question: I guess I am looking for a pot of gold, or, something nobody else wants, Oh which I am usually doing anyway, but, I can't seem to find a gunnera plant , not a seed but, the plant itself. Can you help or, direct? I live in the Sacramento Calif area, any, mail orders or nurseries you know of I can purchase some?

Answer: Gunnera is an interesting plant and gardeners either love it or hate it. I've heard it called a Dinosaur Plant because of its awe-inspiring size and overall appearance. The leaves can grow 4-8' wide on 4-6' long stalks so you'll need lots of room for this plant. If you don't mind paying shipping charges, you can order one-gallon plants from Midcity Nursery in California. Phone (707)-642-4167. The e-mail is: