The Q&A Archives: Looking For A Rose Source

Question: I am looking for a relatively cheap mail-order source for hybrid tea roses, besides Jackson and Perkins. J&P always has a few good ones, but their selection is very limited. They only seem to carry the truly classic ones, not the older ones. Like where would I find "Bewitched", "Century Two", "Royal Highness", "Jadis", "Eiffel Tower", "Granada"? Those are just a FEW of the ones I'm looking for. I've found more at Wal-Mart than I have thru mail-order, but I refuse to buy "those kinds of roses". I've also tried local nurseries/greenhouses, but I've either got most of the ones they carry or the roses are loaded with blackspot. Most places around here are reluctant to special order them.

Answer: I have good news! I located all of these roses at Vintage Gardens, you can reach them at They have a tremendous listing of "old" roses, I am sure you will enjoy looking through their selection. They have a wonderful database of over 2,000 roses.