The Q&A Archives: Disneyland Trees?

Question: I am looking for information regarding the "Tababulia" trees in Disneyland. I know that is spelling is probably incorrect. The pink variety is in the "hub" around Walt Disney's statue and the yellow variety are located in Toontown. Hopefully, you will know these trees.
Thank you.
Jerry Phillips

Answer: Your spelling is very close! Tabebuia, the trumpet tree, is native to tropical America and is perfectly adapted to southern California gardens. Tabebuia heterophylla is the pink trumpet tree. It has a slender growth habit to 40' tall and 20' wide; with annual pruning it is sometimes grown as a large shrub. The flowers are 2-3" long, tubular, pink in color and appear abundantly in spring with occasional flowers appearing throughout the year. Tabebuia chrysotricha, the golden trumpet tree, produces golden yellow flowers, often with maroon stripes in the throat; it grows 25-50' high and wide, blooms most heavily in spring but also produces blooms throughout the growing season.
Hope this provides the information you're seeking!