The Q&A Archives: Cherry Tidal Wave Petunia

Question: In years past I have bought the cherry hedge petunia and have loved it. The greenhouse that has grown it in the past did not grow it this year. I have located it at Franks Nursery however it lists it as a spreading petunia not a hedge petunia. No one else in my area has it. Is the Cherry petunia a spreader or a hedge petunia? I have looked on the internet at the description and as far as I can tell Cherry is only a hedge petunia. I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible. Thank you.

Answer: Here's a little history:
The Tidal Wave? petunias feature 1.5 to 2 feet-tall, hedge like plants that spread 3 to 4 feet in diameter. Flower colors include Hot Pink, Cherry, Silver and Purple. Due to the size of these plants and their constant flowering, they can be grown into a small hedge and are sometimes called "hedgifloras."

So, to answer your question, Cherry Tidal Wave Petunias are considered "hedge" petunias.