The Q&A Archives: looking for a privacy tree/shrub approx 10 - 12 ft to start off that will grow along the NC estuary

Question: We live on the NC coast where the ocean, intracoastal and a Cape Fear meet (estuary). We have a true Southern exposure in the rear of our
home which is about 150' from the water. Would you recommend a tree/shrub for privacy? It would have full sun all day. DO you think a

Answer: Gay,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. We are transitioning to a new Q&A system and your question was unfortunately lost in the transition. I have discovered it now and hope this reply is not too late to be of help.

Weeping yaupon is okay but is not very dense and as such would not be much for privacy. I think your best bet is a Bright 'N Tight Carolina Laurel. It is evergreen, the right height and listed as tolerant of the seacoast exposure.