The Q&A Archives: My C hristmas Cactus didnt bloom last year, i water weekly and feed monthly.. it was a b eautiful

Question: My Xmas coctus didnt b loom last year...i water weekly and feed once a month. it had the start of growth and i keep the soil more to the dry side as i do not want to over was such a beautiful plant. appreicate your help

Answer: Very strange. That plant blooms in response to short daylength. This year around Haloween start covering it from light exposure at 5 pm every day and uncovering it in the morning. Do this for a few weeks and it should initiate bloom buds. Keep the soil evenly moist and fertilize lightly on a regular basis with a liquid plant food at the low constant feed label rate.