The Q&A Archives: Entry Level Winery

Question: I would like to create a micro-winery. What are the most popular North Carolina varieties in terms of wine sales (i.e.

Answer: This is a question and answer service intended to help home gardeners with their home gardening questions. Unfortunately, expertise in business planning for a winery is a bit beyond my scope. Your county extension however should be able to help you locate resources for assistance in planning the business in terms of market research, sales forcasting and business development. They should also be able to help you with planning your microwinery in terms of identifying which varieties of grapes would be viable to grow on a commercial basis in your local area and how best to grow them. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful and I do wish you all success with your project.