The Q&A Archives: problem con cestrum nocturnum

Question: I worry because my cestrum nocturnum have not growing to much in a year and the edges and the tips of the leaves are dried. I want to know if maybe is because it need iron?

Answer: Your Cestrum nocturnum may just be showing signs of stress from winter weather, overly wet soils, or too much fertilizer. Night-blooming jessamine grows best in full sun in sandy, well-draining soils. It does not tolerate salty conditions (either from water or from excessive nitrogen applications. If your Cestrum is planted in full sun to part afternoon shade, you water deeply and regularly, and you're careful not to over-fertilize, it should recover from the stress of your overly wet winter weather. It's early enough in the spring that you can prune your plant back, both to remove the damaged foliage and to encourage the production of healthy new leaves. Best wishes with your night blooming jessamine!