The Q&A Archives: I have used round-up and the weeds and grass are still growing ????what to do next??

Question: I at a loss as to what to use

Answer: This is an effective, non-selective herbicide and it should kill most plants it contacts including grass, but it does not work overnight. The active ingredient in this product is glyphosate. It takes time for it to be absorbed by the foliage and then translocate or move through the plant down to the roots where it kills the plant. If you read the label carefully it should explain this and give you an approximate time frame. Also, it may not be effective if it rained right after you applied it or if you did not follow the directions on the label closely as far as concentration to use and amount to apply. If you have more questions about it I would suggest you contact the manufacturer for additional information.