The Q&A Archives: info about plant

Question: I am looking for a plant called Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.(this is its common name) I know it can be grown in southern states. I would appreciate any inforamtion you can give me about it. I am wondering if it is known by another name. Thank you.

Answer: Brusfelsia pauciflora 'Floribunda' is the botanical name for Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. The common name comes from the quick color change of the blossoms: purple (yesterday), lavender (today), and white (tomorrow). The plant is native to Paraguay and grows best where nighttime temperatures remain above 50F degrees. You could grow the plant in a container, set it outdoors in the summer (in partial shade), and put it in a greenhouse during the winter months. It is not frost hardy and pouts if the weather even threatens to go below 50F. The bottom line is you probably can't grow the plant in your garden without some special precautions in the fall and winter months.