The Q&A Archives: Arizona Cypress

Question: have arizona cypress and its dying from the bush down, going brown and falling of. All thats left are the twigs. Can you help me

Answer: This plant is winter hardy into zone 6, so if it is in a windy, cold, exposed location it may be due to the winter. It also will not tolerate a wet location where the soil is not perfectly drained. In a soggy or low spot or in heavy clay soil or if overwatered this can be a problem and kill it, especially over the winter. There are also some pest and disease problems that could affect it. If it has defoliated I think sadly it is probably dead but you should consult with a local professional nurseryman either on site or show them photos and samples to get another opinon. I'm sorry about your tree.