The Q&A Archives: Honey bees living in the side of my house!

Question: How do I get ride of the honey bees living in the side of my house. what kind ofbug killer should I use. Help!!

Answer: Lester,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question as we are transitioning to a new Q&A system. I hope this reply is not too late to be of help.

If you have not done so already, you should hire an exterminator or beekeeper that specializes in hive removal to deal with the bees in your home. If you can't find one call your County Extension Office for bee control references. Those bees may already have built a hive in the walls in which case killing them alone is not enough. The dead bees will start to rot and the honey can even drain out creating a mess in the wall of your home. In such case a carpenter is usually needed to open a wall and get out the dead bees and honeycomb after an exterminator or beekeeper destroys the bees.

Thanks for the question. Please stop in again soon!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Southern Comfort"