The Q&A Archives: white spots on bloodgood japanese maple leaves

Question: last week i purchased 2 seven to eight feet tall bloodgood japanese has been planted so far....they were perfect when i bought them, but now they both have white spots on many of the leaves....i've checked under the leaves and found no insects or this fixable, or do i need to return them to the nursery before i plant the second one?

Answer: Based on your description I am not sure what you are describing as white spots, but since they are new plants I would strongly recommend you consult with the retailer where you purchased them. You could also check with your county extension. They may appreciate a fresh sample in a clear plastic bag (keep cool so it will not wilt) and/or some clear photos. Good luck with your trees.