The Q&A Archives: Very shallow soil

Question: My front yard has an area that appears to have been used to bury construction debris. I can amend the soil 12-15 inches on top of the debris. What can I plant in that area? This area faces the road and I would like something with curb appeal.

Thank you for your help.

Answer: Radhika,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. We are transitioning to a new Q&A system and your question was unfortunately lost in the transition. I have discovered it now and hope this reply is not too late to be of help.

Your gardening question is really many in one as there are a multitude of possible plants from annual and perennial flowers, to shrubs, vines, trees and even groundcovers. Since you are looking for a lot of information, more than we can fit in this brief answer, let me refer you to the following web sites which should be very informative and useful to you.