The Q&A Archives: Water Butts

Question: I would like to save water and money by using a water butt to collect rainwater from my drain. does Home Depot sell water butt kits? If not where can I get one?

Answer: I think what you are asking about is a rain barrel that would be placed beneath a downspout directing rain water out of the roof gutter. Sometimes they can be interconnected and even hooked up to a gravity based drip irrigation system. You would need to check with your local store to see if they carry these. Otherwise they are widely available by mail order from companies such as Gardeners Supply.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Char and is called "'Diamond Head' Sunrise"