The Q&A Archives: Would like to buy Phormium Evening Glow

Question: I live in Minnesota near Minneapolis. I would like to buy a New Zealand flax. Phormium Evening Glow. I have called the stores listed on your web site within a reasonable driving distance. None of them have it. One retailer has the bronze flax.
Did anyone in Minnesota buy this variety? Can I buy it from you? If not, can you give me the name of any mail order retailer that sells it?

Answer: Thank you for asking. If nobody close to you has it then you would need to go the mail order route. (Monrovia is a wholesale only nursery and does not sell retail, by catalog or website.) There are a number of different Phormiums on the market, this seems to be one of the coming "hot" plants. For example,

Avant Gardens offered Evening Glow as well as several other nice ones (but unfortunately it looks like it is now sold out)

Singing Springs offers one somewhat similar

as does Plant Delights

and Niche Gardens with Jack Spratt

I'm sorry I can't find a better source for you in a quick search. Best of luck with your search!