The Q&A Archives: Sickamore Tree

Question: I have a huge Sickamore Tree. We have had plenty of rain here in the NE but now the leaves are falling, even though they are green. Why! What can I do if anything?

Answer: Based on your description, I am not sure what is happening to your tree. Here is a link to some descriptions of problems that commonly affect this kind of tree. You might recognize it from there. But, it is often difficult to make a diagnosis based on a description only. So I would suggest you work with your county extension and/or a certified professional nurseryman or a professionally trained and certified arborist to obtain a specific diagnosis and based on that, decide how to proceed. I should mention that in most cases of things such as anthracnose or frost damage the tree recovers without treatment. Good luck with your tree!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "French Marigold"