The Q&A Archives: greenhouse

Question: I am looking for a prefabricated greenhouse kit or a good set of working plans to construct my own. Any suggestions on where I may receive information on buying or constructing my greenhouse.

Answer: Burpee sells greenhouse and cold frame plans, including detailed drawings and materials lists. They also sell a greenhouse kit for a 8.5' x 10' greenhouse. The kit includes the necessary PVC pipe and plastic covering, door, exhaust fan, and hardware; you supply the lumber. You can contact Burpee at 800-888-1447 for ordering information.<br><br>National Gardening Association (ph# 800-538-7476 ext. 124) sells kits for larger greenhouses (12' x 16', 12' x 20' and 12' x 24') often used in educational settings.

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"