The Q&A Archives: What plant is this?

Question: I just purchased a mandivilla from All American Home Center but there was no tag on the plant. It has light pink blooms in a huge 5

Answer: It sounds to me like 'Pink Parfait'. This plant has soft pink flowers, with multiple layers of petals forming full, double blossoms. But, it could be 'Sun Parasol Pink'. This variety features bright pink flowers that are between 5 and 6 inches in diameter. It also produces multiple flowers per tendril and will flower mid-spring through mid-fall.

Mandevillas need heat to bloom, so plant yours in full sun to filtered afternoon shade in average soil. Water deeply once or twice a week, pinch the stem tips back to promote bushy growth, and enjoy the beautiful flower display!