The Q&A Archives: Mimosa tree

Question: Do all mimosa trees bloom? If so, when they are young trees at what size do they show blooms? I have seen even large trees without bloom. Thanks

Answer: Tommie,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. We are transitioning to a new Q&A system and your question was unfortunately lost in the transition. I have discovered it now and hope this reply is not too late to be of help.

All mimosas should bloom if they get adequate sunlight. It is difficult to give a size for blooming as plants grown from seed will take longer than plants grown from cuttings and size varies according to growing conditions. Provide good light, adequate soil moisture and it should bloom well in time. Don't fertilize unless the tree is very weak looking.