The Q&A Archives: When will my Chindo Sweet Viburnum bloom?

Question: I bought and purchased a Monrovia Chindo Sweet Viburnum over a year ago. It did not bloom the first year after it was planted, and did not bloom again this year. It's leaves are doing great and is growing fast so I guess it likes its location - gets afternoon sun, then shade in the morning and evening. What am I doing wrong - I bought the plant more for the flowers than the foliage. Thanks!

Answer: It does sound as though you're doing everything right. Sometimes plants need a full year to become established before they begin to grow. Yours is right on schedule. Plants also need to become mature enough to support both leaf growth and flowers. I think by next spring your viburnum will be old enough to bloom. Enjoy!