The Q&A Archives: Tree Purchase

Question: In searching your web site I came across a Mimosa tree, which my husband is desparate to obtain. I also printed a list of dealers in our area (Boonton Township, NJ), but we've been to most of them and they don't have them and won't try to get it for us. Can we obtain a mimosa tree directly thru you? Or can we order it thru you and have it shipped to a local dealer?

We really want one of these trees.

Thank you for any help you can give us.

Mary Lou Robbins

Answer: Thank you for asking but Monrovia is a wholesale only nursery and does not sell retail by mail or web site. If your lcoal nurseries do not have it you could try mail order, but I should point out that this tree may not be reliably hardy in your area -- your zip code places you in the coldest part of zone 6 and depending on the microclimate where you garden, it might be as cold as zone 5. Mimosas are usually only reliable through zone 7 and into zone 6. Some mail order nurseries that might offer this tree would include -- in no particular order --

Greer Gardens

It is a bit late to order for this spring but perhaps they will offer it next year. Good luck with your mimosa tree!