The Q&A Archives: Toxic to Humans?

Question: Are the berries on the Nandina Domestica toxic to humans? How many would one need to eat to become ill, a few or a whole bush full?

Thank you for your assistance.

Answer: Nandina berries are considered mildly toxic if eaten, but there have been no reported cases of poisoning in humans. The berries are not considered edible, though, so I wouldn't recommend eating any! The berries can cause digestive problems in cats and dogs.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Sempervivum Henry Carrevon"