The Q&A Archives: Ivory Jade Euonymus on hill?

Question: Hi, Can you plant ivory jade euonymus on a bank,hill/slope? I am wanting a groundcover type shrub that will spread and will prevent erosion (also evergreen)? I have a few Silver King Euonymus around my house and I love the varigated look. Thank you, Tammy

Answer: Yes, that should do quite well for you. It mounds up a bit in the center and spreads outward as well. They will need careful watering while becoming established since a hill is usually on the dry side and fast draining. Be sure to mulch around them to keep the soil in place while they grow and also help keep the soil a bit moister. You might use timbers or stones to help terrace the hill a bit in the meantime as well. Good luck wiht your project!