The Q&A Archives: Dwarf pines

Question: I have four dwarf pines planted along my driveway. Three of the trees have sections, where the needles have turned brown. Is this normal for this time of year? I live in NJ. Is this a disease or insect problem? If so, is there something that can be done? Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Answer: It might be a disease or insect problem, yes, but based on the information in your question unfortunately I am unable to tell you exactly what is happening to your pines. I would suggest you work with your county extension and/or professionally trained and certified nurseryman to diagnose the problem and then based on that, determine how to proceed. I'm sorry I can't be more specific for you and I hope it is nothing too serious.