The Q&A Archives: deseased rose bush??

Question: I have three carefree delight shrub roses in my garden which have a fabulous bloom all summer! this year and last year, all the leaves seem to have disappeared! As though they have been completely eaten up. is there anything i can do or spray to prevent this??

Answer: Unfortunately, based on your description, I am not sure what has happened to the foliage on your roses. Sometimes deer will eat the foliage without damaging the canes, so that might be a culprit. I would suggest you consult with your county extension and/or your local professionally trained and certified nurseryman and see if they can help you troubleshoot. If there is a localized pest problem prevalent in your area they should be aware of it. I'm sorry I can't be more specific for you.