The Q&A Archives: Why and what are all these little insects that look like lady bugs on my peach tree?

Question: I noticed many little lady- bug -like insects on my tree. How can I get rid of them and what are the damages, besides leaf curl?

Answer: Based on your description, unfortunately I am unable to tell you what is affecting your tree. It might actually be lady bugs on your tree, perhaps they are serving as a natural pest control and are on your tree combatting aphids. Aphids are soft bodied sucking insects that tend to congregate on the tender new growth tips; their feeding can cause damage to the new leaves and make them pucker. However to be sure, I would suggest you work with your local county extension and/or professionally trained nursery staff to identify the lady-bug like insects and also to diagnose the cause of the leaf curl more specifically. It is important to get a firm diagnosis and then based on that, determine if you need to take action, or not. Good luck with your tree!