The Q&A Archives: knockout rose bushes curling

Question: I have 2 knockout rose bushes that have started to curl up leaves with little cob webs,leaves are turning brown and drying up,also new growth is doing the same. rose buds are doing the same. they bloomed beautifly this spring,now very little.Im sick over this and nobody can seem to help me.

Answer: What you describe sounds like a spider mite invasion. These tiny little pests leave tell-tale webbing at the junction of stems and between leaves. You can discourage spider mites by hosing your plants off in the morning (don?t do this late in the afternoon ? if the leaves don?t have a chance to dry out before nightfall they could be susceptible to diseases). In addition to hosing your plants off periodically, you can use a miticide to control the pests. Be sure to follow the label directions so you won?t hurt your plants.