The Q&A Archives: weeping tree

Question: I am looking for a weeping type tree for the corner of my home. I have tried a weeping cherry twice but it did not work ,the place is a little wet. I planted a weeping crabapple but it looks too small .I am looking for a weeping tree to 25FT & 15ftwide. PLEASE HELP

Answer: Based on your description, unfortunately I am not able to think of a weeping tree that would work for you. Most weeping trees are wider than they are tall. The closest I can think of to the size you want is Malus x Louisa at about 15 by 15 feet, too short. And if the site was too wet for a cherry, I am not sure a crabapple will do any better. Perhaps you could work with a landscape architect to devise a way to drain the area better (a wet corner is not all that good for a foundation) and then plant the cherry.