The Q&A Archives: Does morning Shade and afternoon sun constitute

Question: Also what kind of fertilizer? Is an acid base required, like Muracid? Or will Miracle grow be sufficient? How much and when?

Answer: I don't think your question is complete, but I'll try to provide some information. Morning shade with afternoon sun is usually considered a partly sunny site. If you have a plant that requires full sunshine, as long as it gets at least 8 hours of direct sun, it should be okay. If you have a plant that prefers part sun, morning sun and afternoon shade would work; morning shade and afternoon sunshine will work as well. In terms of fertilizer - plants that prefer a slightly acidic soil (camellias, rhododendrons, azaleas, etc.) will do best with an acified fertilizer. Muracid or Miracle-Gro are fine. Apply as directed on the fertilizer package.