The Q&A Archives: Idenitifying what kind of grass in yard.

Question: First-time homeowner. Elaborate yard. Total beginner. One of my many questions is how can I figure out what kind of grass I have? Need to identify many plants--don't even know which are weeds! In addition to the grass prob, please recommend some book or site that covers everything, if you know of any. Thanks!

Answer: Gena,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. We are transitioning to a new Q&A system and your question was unfortunately lost in the transition. I have discovered it now and hope this reply is not too late to be of help.

I suggest you contact your County Extension Office and see about bringing in some leaves, shoots flowers or even photos of the plants to see if they can identify them for you.

Gwinnett County Extension Service
750 South Perry Street, Suite 400
Lawrenceville, GA 30045
Phone: 678-377-4010