The Q&A Archives: Poisonous Plants

Question: Is Red Hot Poker poisonous? I got some pollen in my eye and had a terrible reaction

Answer: Red Hot Poker is not considered poisonous or toxic, but some gardeners are quite sensitive to plants that ordinarily do not bother people. It sounds as though you are quite sensitive to the pollen. I can only suggest you stay away from the plant when it is in bloom. As the flowers age, they won't have much pollen in them and you can safely trim the faded flowers stalks down. Good luck with your garden!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Shamrock Zinfandel"