The Q&A Archives: Autumn Blaze Maples

Question: I am interested in purchasing the Autumn Blaze Maple. I wanted to know if this tree produces the 'helicopers' that typical maples produce? If they don't, do they drop anything? I looked for the answer on the tag of the tree, and didn't find anything on this topic.
Thank you for your help. I looked on the 'searching FAQ's' and didn't find an answer to my question.

Answer: Poplar Farms which brought this tree into development after it was patented, describes it as nearly seedless although it is a female clone. Here is their write up about it when it was named the 2004 Urban Tree of the Year.

As you can see, it has a lot going for it. Apart from a few seeds (samaras) it will also drop all of its leaves each fall. I hope this answers your question.