The Q&A Archives: Finding pyracantha mohave

Question: Last fall I bought 30 of your mohave pyracantha and 30 from another nursury. Your pyracantha's are doing well while the other pyracanthas are dieing. What can I do to help the dieing ones beside using miracle grow? Also I talked to some nursuries in my area and nobody carries your pyracantha. If I need to replace the

Answer: Fertilizing often does not help a plant that is failing to thrive, in fact it can stress the plant further. I would strongly suggest you work with your county extension to determine what is wrong with the pyracanthas that are dying. Once you have a firm diagnosis you can determine how to proceed. You will want to know this prior to replanting new healthy pyracanthas in the same spot in case it is something that could then infect the new plants. As far as locating additional plants, you will need to contact nurseries directly and see if they have it or can obtain it for you. (Monrovia is a wholesale nursery only and does not sell retail by mail order or web site.) There is a zip code based dealer locator at the web site at

to help you with contact information. Good luck with your search!