The Q&A Archives: brown juniper ground cover

Question: I have a bed of juniper and two of the plants are turning brown. What treatment can I apply to halt the spread of the problem. Should I remove the brown plants and replace them?

Answer: Unfortunately based on the information in your question I am unable to tell you why they are browning and whether or not they should be removed or replaced. There are many possible causes for junipers to brown ranging from being planted too deeply to being rootbound to pests to disease issues. I would suggest you work with your retailer (if these are new plants) and/or your local county extension to determine the specific reason why they are browning and then once you know that, work from there. I hope it is nothing serious.