The Q&A Archives: California succulents

Question: I am trying to landscape my backyard with mostly California native plants. I do not know of any spineless California succulents that are small and fairly vibrantly colored other than Senicio Mandralise, Echiveria pumila, and Sempervivum montanum. I cannot purchase the latter two in my area, so would greatly appreciate any suggestions on other California native succulents or a resource for finding them.

Thank you,

Miles Lessen

Answer: Here's a source of inspiration, as well as plants:

Cacti.Com is a Southern California-based web nursery specializing in high-quality landscaping succulents. They offer a wide variety of plants including cacti, aloes, agaves, euphorbias, and many other drought-tolerant materials. All their succulents are grown outdoors under full exposure; they are tough and hardened, perfectly suited to the harsh California xeriscape.

Best wishes with your landscaping project!