The Q&A Archives: easy cottage garden look - zone 10

Question: would like your recommendation for year round bloom, minimal care english cottage garden effect (pallet of pinks, purple, gold, blue & cream) for zone 10 together with a plan for some type of privacy screen or hedge between properties.would also like to

Answer: Davie,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. We are transitioning to a new Q&A system and your question was unfortunately lost in the transition. I have discovered it now and hope this reply is not too late to be of help.

Some hedge plants for your garden area would include Natal Plum, 'Bright N Tight' Carolina Cherry Laurel, and Japanese Aucuba, but all would require pruning to keep them from getting wider than you might want.

It is difficult to answer such a broad based question in a brief reply. If you could ask several more specific questions we could better provide assistance.