The Q&A Archives: Who can I get to help me remove Bamboo & build a barrier to stop it?`

Question: I live in southern P.G. County, Md. just outside of the Metropolitan DC area. I am having a problem with a suddenly fast spreading growth of BAMBOO from a neighbors yard. I need to find someone who can help me stop it or kill it before it totally destroys my beautilf landscaping. I did not know it would spread like this or I never would have landscaped my yard first. I cannot locate anyone who seems to now how to detroy it in my yard....If I don't it will totally ruin my property and my neighbors - who all are interested in getting rid of it. Please advise me where and who I can contact for help.

Answer: In addition to the suggestions already sent, your county extension may be able to suggest additional chemical controls you could try. Some of these might not be available to homeowners so they would need to be applied by a professional licensed to handle them. I'm sorry you are all having so much trouble.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Char and is called "'Diamond Head' Sunrise"