The Q&A Archives: Tricolor beech tree

Question: Have a tri color beech tree that is starting to loose leaves. Looked under the leaves and there seem to be tiny white insects. They are white in color and the thickness of humar hair and are about 1 mm in lenght. Any idea what they are and what to spray on it.
Nikhil Amesur, MD

Answer: Unfortunately, based on your description I am unable to identify the problem. I would strongly suggest you consult with your local county extension to obtain a specific diagnosis of what this is, and based on knowing that, their recommendations of how to control it. If a chemical control is needed they will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when to apply it for the best results. They may appreciate photos of the overall tree and close-ups, possibly also a sample enclosed in a clear plastic bag. I am sorry about your tree.