The Q&A Archives: falling leaves on silver king euonymus

Question: I planted a Silver King Euonymus this past Spring and now (July) the leaves are falling off. I water it regularly (once a week or so). Am I doing something wrong? I do fertilize occasionally. On the branches I do see buds of some sort. Does my plant have a disease or something? I can't find any information on this anywhere. Please help.

Answer: Based on your description I think the plant may be suffering from an infection by scale insects. I would suggest you work with your local county extension to obtain a specific identification of the problem and then based on that, determine how to proceed. If this is the problem, they will have the most up to date recommmendations on how to treat it. Good luck with your shrub.