The Q&A Archives: Tall Narrow EvergreenTrees

Question: I have the need for approx. 3 trees for between my home and my neighbors the distance from my home to my neighbors is 7 feet. This wall faces south and my neighbors house is a 2 story. I am looking for a fast growing tree, preferbably evergreen 20-30 feet tall. Do you have any recomendations? I am also looking for good

Answer: Leyland cypress is a popular tree for screening and privacy plantings. You might also consider Witchita Blue or Skyrocket junipers. These are reasonably fast growing, upright plants. Or, American arborvitae (Thuja occidentalis) is a tall, columnar evergreen that is a natural for planting in rows for quick screening. Hope one of these suggestions works for you in your landscape!

For planting near a pool, you might consider Ensete (banana), Geijera parviflora (Australian Willow), Fejoa (pineapple guava), or Tabebuia (golden trumpet tree).