The Q&A Archives: name the plant

Question: What if you don't know the name of a plant that you have at home? what do you do?
I have a small tree inside de house and every morning the tree has water on the tip of the leaves. Do you know the name of the tree?

Answer: Unfortunately based on your description I am not certain which plant you have; I would suggest you take a photo or two to your local county extension or nursery that sells indoor plants and see if the professional staff can help you identify the plant, or maybe you can recognize your plant from among the stock they have for sale, or maybe a reference librarian can help you locate a photo of it in a gardening or houseplant book. Then once you know what it is they can help you determine if what you are seeing is normal or not. I'm really sorry I can't be more specific for you.