The Q&A Archives: Sajo Palm yellowing branches

Question: I have a Sajo Palm that has been planted this spring. It has grown quickly at first but is developing some yellow in the leaves. What do I need to do? thanks

Answer: Molly,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. We are transitioning to a new Q&A system and your question was unfortunately lost in the transition. I have discovered it now and hope this reply is not too late to be of help.

Yellowing sago fronds may be due to soggy soil conditions or anything that damages roots. If the yellowing is primarily the older leaves that is not so much of a concern. I suggest you want the soil moisture carefully by digging down a few inches and feeling the soil around the plant's roots to see how moist or wet it is. Keep it moist but not soggy. Fertilize lightly with a product such as Miracle Grow every week at the label rate and it should improve.